Green Liberty environmental NGO based in Latvia with a mission to develop a society in which people live in harmony with each other and their environment. We aim to achieve it by:
· informing people of the social and environmental implications of current trends in consumerism, trade and globalisation; and
· empowering people to participate more effectively in decisions that impact directly and indirectly on their lives; and
· opposing abuses of power.
The Green Liberty works towards its aims by:
· organizing cultural and environmental actions, and promoting environmental literature;
· running an information centre, and working with the mass media and publishers;
· co-operating with other organizations in Latvia and abroad; and
· by campaigning for law reform.
While the Green Liberty programs target critical environmental issues in the region, the Green Liberty recognizes the complexity of environmental problems and their relations with other broader problems and trends in society. The Green Liberty therefore attempts to design its programs and services in an integrated approach, examining issues in a multi-dimensional manner and attempting to integrate the views and perspectives of all stakeholders, sectors, and levels of society.
For Further info: http://www.zb-zeme.lv
Contact Person: Janis Brizga (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Address: Meža iela 4, 4.stāvs, Rīga, LV-1048, Latvija